Ever wondered about the fascinating origins of the iconic marathon race? Picture this: it's 490 B.C., the Battle of Marathon is raging, and a Greek messenger named Pheidippides embarks on an epic race to Athens. Legend has it he delivered the triumphant message, 'νενικήκαμεν' (nenikēkamen, 'we have won!'), before collapsing in exhaustion..
But what if I told you that modern research shows a twist in this tale?
Pheidippides would have never gotten there with today's pollution!
Back then, Athens was at stake, and Pheidippides ran like the wind to deliver the good news. But here's the catch: studies now reveal that marathon runners take 12 minutes longer to finish in highly polluted conditions!
Imagine if Pheidippides had to contend with pollution during his historic run. Would he have made it in time to shout 'We have won'? It's a fascinating thought and underscores how crucial clean air is for optimal performance, especially in today's world where pollution is on the rise.
In competition, both at professional and amateur levels, even the smallest consideration can make a difference, as we all want to showcase the best version of ourselves.
That's why when looking for gyms and sports centers, we can no longer do without searching for the most important supplement in their package: clean air.
The Wellness World Is Evolving Towards a Holistic Approach
While muscles were once the hallmark of fitness, the modern concept of 'fit' extends beyond mere physical strength. Today, it encompasses overall well-being - harmony with ourselves and the environment. This involves adeptly navigating the various stresses we encounter, with air pollution emerging as a prominent challenge in our pursuit of holistic health.
‘Today, more than ever, people feel the need to find the right balance between mental and physical well-being and lifestyle. We lead hectic, stressful, emotionally challenging lives, and it's not always easy to understand how to begin our journey of physical and mental evolution.
Many talk about lifestyle; I simply talk about LIFE. Over the years, we have lost the ability to live in the right way, to connect with the environment around us, to take control of our health.
If you want to improve, you need to have a holistic, broad, and open approach. When it comes to psychophysical well-being, you cannot have a narrow and vertical view. My mission is to enhance people's lives by merging a scientific approach based on genetic analysis, epigenetics, microbiota, biomarkers, with biohacking coaching that, through personalized nutrition, supplementation, training, sleep hygiene, deep breathing, can bring people to their maximum expression.
This is what we do every day at GS Loft, together with our team of coaches, experienced doctors, and nutritionists.’
Says Giacomo Spazzini, CEO and Founder of GS Loft and Damnfit.
This shift in perspective is fueled by an increasing awareness of some key relationships:
the connection between body and mind
the correlation between indoor and outdoor environments
the interaction between what we eat, breathe, and do
In essence: we are realizing that profound well-being requires a comprehensive, holistic approach.
For this reason, cutting-edge sports and wellness centers are increasingly complementing the physical training and courses with a wide spectrum of other services.
Self-reflection practices, such as mindfulness, meditation, mental coaching to promote awareness of the present moment and reduce daily stress.
Furthermore, the nutritional component has become an essential element in wellness programs, emphasizing the importance of a healthy and balanced diet in achieving long-term health goals.
It goes without saying that clean air is a fundamental part of this paradigm.
The Club of the Future? Differentiation, Holistic Approach, and Clean Air
Clean air, the quid pluris, the extra element - the missing link that can distinguish future sports and wellness centers from competitors in the industry. It serves as the key to gaining a competitive advantage, leveraging clean air to attract new customers, and, most importantly, fostering customer retention and satisfaction - critical components for enhancing the bottom line and achieving ultimate success.
For example, Sporting Milano 3, a true institution for the Milanese public and one of the first centers to address the issue of wellness quality holistically, has been providing clean air for years through the Pure Air Zone technology by U-Earth.
Pure Air Zone: Value for Wellness Centres
1. Value for Differentiation: Being a "Pure Air Zone" and therefore offering clean air as a service is an important competitive differentiator. Training in clean air is an extra service that makes training a unique experience.
2. Value for Retention: Ensuring a healthy environment can contribute to keeping customers loyal in the long run, creating a welcoming atmosphere that increases satisfaction and commitment.
3. Value for Customer Experience: Clean air can be considered an added value for those seeking a complete wellness experience, becoming a distinctive element in the perception of the sports centre.
4. Value for the Team: A healthy work environment can improve the motivation, morale and effectiveness of the team, helping to create a positive atmosphere that reflects on the service provided to customers.
5. Value for Performance: Clean air can improve the health and performance of athletes, positively influencing endurance, lung capacity, and mental concentration.
6. Value for the Environment: U-Earth's technology, without the use of traditional filters, reduces environmental impact, bettering the air inside and outside the centre and contributes to creating a positive image for customers sensitive to ecological issues.
7. Value for the Community: Being a "Pure Air Zone" can improve the health of the local community and demonstrate social responsibility, contributing to the well-being of people who frequent the centre and live nearby.
In conclusion: Clean Air, the Secret to Success for Cutting-Edge Centers
With the ongoing evolution of the fitness concept and the markets/facilities dedicated to this practice, it is clear that the pursuit of well-being extends beyond mere physical exercise. It encompasses a variety of other factors that, in synergy, contribute to a healthy and fulfilling life.
Introducing clean air into wellness-dedicated spaces means providing an additional, differentiating service that aligns perfectly with current trends and, therefore, is ideal for giving the most innovative centres a new competitive edge.